“Health is wealth” so goes the saying. Good health is a blessing in one’s life. Even if one has lot of wealth but if he does not have good health then he will not be able to enjoy his wealth.
Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social wellbeing of a person. Without health there is no peace, no happiness and no success. Money can buy good food but it cannot buy good health and happiness.
A healthy person can do much work in a short time. He also can carry his duties without cutting corners. If he is a student then his good health may help him to have the highest attendance in the class. If he is a common man he will render his duties without skipping.
In general, one can see that villagers enjoy good healthy lifestyle because of lot of physical work on and off field, non polluted air and food, they maintain good physical health as well.
A sound mind resides in a sound body, so goes the saying.
Top ways to maintain good health.
- Morning walk – Only brisk early morning walk is one form of the exercise. It also forms the basis for warm up before regular physical exercise.
- Physical exercise – Good health can be acquired and maintained by regular physical activity. Physical exercise is more beneficial if done in open air, during morning hours and on empty stomach. It should be done on regular basis, not for only short period of time.
- Outdoor games – Outdoor games like football, cricket, swimming or other games which involve physical exercise and fun are good for maintaining good health and cheerful mood.
- Balanced diet – Our diet should contain vitamins, proteins, fibers, and minerals in sufficient amount. There should be balanced in each. Neither excess of anything nor deficient of anything. Excessive or barely eating is also not proper. Eating at proper time and at regular hour is very important. It should be chewed properly and should not be eaten hurriedly.
- Good sleep and rest – For maintaining good heath, it is necessary to have better sleep and rest. It is better to follow golden rule, early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise. Our biological clock should be in tune with nature. At the same time excessive sleep is also harmful.
- Avoid stress – For good health, it is better to avoid stressful situation. Stress brings lot of complexity for our health. A stressful person neither has good sleep nor rest properly. Stressful person becomes restless, exhausted and lacks energy.
Good health is a treasure to keep, happiness is priceless, so keep yourself happy and healthy.